Scholarships from the UPMC Horizon Foundation support our healthcare providers with access to continued education.
Scholarships for Healthcare Providers
The UPMC Horizon Community Health Foundation Scholarship Fund benefits the housekeeper who wants to go back to school for respiratory therapy, the nurse who wants to pursue a master’s degree, or the prenatal unit that wants to be trained in bereavement care.
In turn, continued education equips your local hospital with the skills and expertise that allow us to give you and your loved ones the highest level of care possible. Ongoing and advanced training is vital to what we do, and it is in part made possible by the generosity of our community.
Heart of Healthcare Nursing Scholarship
Every year during Nurses Week, we honor our extraordinary clinicians with the Excellence in Practice Celebration. This year as part of the celebration, four nurses from UPMC Horizon and UPMC Jameson will be awarded the HEART of Healthcare Nursing Scholarship.
Scholarships to be awarded…
|UPMC Horizon||UPMC Jameson|
|One $1,000 scholarship||One $1,000 scholarship|
|One $500 scholarship||One $500 scholarship|
Eligibility and application requirements…
- Applicants must be enrolled in a baccalaureate or master’s program in nursing.
- Applicants must have received a rating of Strong / Solid Performer or higher on their most recent performance management review.
- Applicants must submit an essay with their application stating what impact advanced education will have on the delivery of patient care.
- Applicants must submit professional statement(s) from self and from three (3) professional associates that outline candidate’s ability to:
- demonstrate outstanding personal and professional leadership among his or her peers; and
- demonstrates qualities of integrity and commitment to the practice of nursing and of service to humankind
Deadline to apply: April 15, 2021
Recipients may direct this monetary award toward coursework in a bachelor’s or master’s level nursing program. Checks will be made out to the recipient’s school, book store, etc.