UPMC Horizon & Jameson Foundations partner with local foundations to supply life-saving Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) to public facilities in our region.
An Automated External Defibrillator (or AED) is a device designed to deliver an electric shock to a person experiencing cardiac arrest, restoring the heart rhythm to normal. The devices are simple enough that even people without medical training can use them, and can save lives. According to the Sudden Cardiac Arrest Foundation, cardiac arrest is the third leading cause of death in the United States, and 9 out of every 10 victims die. However, when a bystander intervenes, a victim’s survival chances can double or triple. The UPMC Horizon and Jameson Foundations are committed to improving our communities’ health by providing access to AEDs for non-profits, schools, churches and other organizations that would benefit from these life-saving devices.
How are we helping?
The UPMC Horizon and Jameson Foundations are proud to partner with the Buhl Regional Health Foundation, AHN and Sharon Regional in a community effort to increase cardiac arrest survival rates by distributing AEDs to public facilities where they may most often be needed.
Organizations in Mercer County, PA and Lawrence County, PA in need of an AED are encouraged to visit the Buhl Regional Health Foundation AED Procurement Webpage to apply for an AED through this regional partnership.
Note: Organizations in Lawrence County but not within Buhl Regional Health Foundation’s service area are still encouraged to apply; qualifying organizations may be eligible to receive an AED fulfilled by the UPMC Jameson Health Foundation.
Past AED Recipients from the UPMC Horizon and Jameson Foundations
- The ARC of Mercer County
- Buhl Community Recreation Center
- Clark Volunteer Fire Department
- Commodore Perry School
- ExecConnect America
- Farrell School
- Fredonia Fire Department
- Grace Industries
- Greenville Area Sports Complex
- Greenville Fire Department
- Greenville Police Department
- Greenville School
- Hempfield Township Police Department
- Jackson Center Fire Department
- Jamestown Ambulance
- Jamestown Fire Department
- Jefferson Fire Department
- Jamestown School
- Jefferson/Clark Police Department
- Jefferson Fire Department
- Joy Cone
- Kennedy Catholic Schools
- Keystone Charter School
- Keystone Elementary
- Lakeview School
- Mercer County Courthouse
- Mercer County Jail
- Notre Dame School
- Our Lady of Fatima School
- Penn State Cooperative Extension
- Prime Outlet Mall
- Pymatuning Police Department
- Riverside Park
- The Ridgewood at Shenango Valley
- Salem Tube
- Sandy Lake Fire Deparment
- Sharon School
- Sharpsville School
- Sheakleyville Fire Department
- Shenango Township Fire Department
- South Pymatuning Fire Department
- St. John Paul II Elementary School
- St. Joseph’s School
- St. Michael’s School
- St. Paul’s Homes
- Thiel College
- Transfer Volunteer Fire Department
- UPMC Wellness Center
- Werner Company
- West Middlesex School
- West Middlesex Fire Department
- West Salem Fire Department
- Wheatland Fire Department
Add to the Impact. Give Now.
The UPMC Horizon and Jameson Foundations’ General Fund supports the provision of AEDs in our region. Please consider a donation to help this critical program!