Learn more about who we are and what we do
The mission of the UPMC Horizon Community Health Foundation is to promote healthy living through programs that provide education and improved access to healthcare.
The UPMC Horizon Community Health Foundation was formed in 1998 after a reorganization of the Horizon Hospital System Foundation and a generous $1,000,000 endowment from the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
The UPMC Horizon Community Health Foundation board has representation from the UPMC Horizon Board of Directors, Horizon medical staff and administration, and community members. Together, they all play a vital role in assessing and acting upon the needs of our hospital and our community.
Our mission “to promote healthy living through programs that provide education and improved access to healthcare” is primarily carried out by supporting the needs of our care providers and patients. The UPMC Horizon Community Health Foundation works with our hospitals by assisting with specific projects and raising capital, and we provide a variety of services to benefit the welfare of our community.
You can see us at work…
- providing transportation to patients who need to attend physician appointments
- offering benevolence to support Horizon employees during hardship providing life-saving AEDs in community centers
- supporting mothers with prenatal and postpartum care including providing supplies to care for their newborn
- assisting cancer patients during treatment and celebrating with them in their remission
- providing dependable medical equipment to ensure patients have access to the tools they need to recover safely and with independence
And that’s not all, learn more about our various funds to see the causes we support.
In 2020, despite limited fundraising due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, The UPMC Horizon Community Health Foundation distributed over $300,000 in charitable contributions.
Board of Directors
- Robert Piccirilli
- Jay Bruce
- Jerry Trontel
- Albert Boland
- Kateri Linn
Foundation Manager of Development
- Robert Jackson
- Alyson Fisher
- Brian Fritz
- Bobbie Goldstone
- Scott Graubard
- Amanda Lavanish
- Ron McCall
- Frank Mindicino
- Frank Moses
- Jessica Phillips
- Leah Sherman
Add to the Impact. Give Now.
You can help extend the work of the UPMC Horizon Community Health Foundation by making a tax-deductible gift. Your contribution is an investment into the improved health and welfare of our community.